100g self raising flour
50g granulated sugar
half an egg
1 tsp jam
Oven: Gas mark6, 200 C
- Light the oven and flour a baking tray
- Beat the egg and divide it into 2.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar and margarine.
- Cut the margarine into small pieces and then rub together until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add about half an egg and mix together with a fork. Then knead the mixture to bring it together.
- Lightly flour the table and roll the mixture into a sausage shape. Cut the mixture into 8 pieces and make them into rounds. Put each onto a baking tray.
- Make a small well in the centre of each bun and put in a little jam.
- Bake for about 10-15 mins until golden brown. Put on a wire rack to cool.