- Sorting shapes into sets
- Sorting different sized and coloured shapes
- Tessellation of the same shape.
- Tessellation of different shapes.
- Pictures with shape templates.
- Looking for shapes in the room and the local environment.
- Patterns with overlapping shapes. Opaque and translucent.
- Shape caterpillars. Same shape used repeatedly in a line and given legs etc.
- Shape people, families. Mr Triangle etc.
- Shape towns. Square houses, square trees, square people, flowers, cars etc.
- Symmetrical patterns.
- Working in shape groups.
- Shape dominoes.
- Cutting out shapes to make patterns and pictures.