The School Rules
We adopted a policy a few years ago
which has transformed the behaviour in our school. It is based on
the idea of an American teacher, Lee Canter, and is called
These are the rules which now apply in our Primary School.
- Follow Instructions.
STOP, LOOK, LISTEN.
- Use Quiet Voices.
- Walk Everywhere.
- Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
- No Stealing.
If these rules are not followed, there are...
- A verbal Warning.
- Time out.
- One minute in at the end of the session.
- Five minutes in at the end of the session.
- Sent out of class to another room. Letter sent home.
- Sent to the Head Teacher.
There is also a system of rewards for children who 'choose' to follow the rules.