- Repeating patterns with colours. Red, yellow, green, red, yellow, green etc.
- Repeating patterns with numbers. 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3 etc.
- Patterns with shapes. Linear repeating patterns. Tessellation patterns.
- Symmetrical patterns.
- Looking for patterns in the environment. Classroom, school, grounds, homes.
- Patterns in nature. Bark, leaves woodgrain, flowers, snowflakes,frost etc.
- Patterns in buildings, Brickwork, doors and windows, grates, drains etc.
- Patterns in decorations. Wallpaper, soft furnishings, clothing.
- Different kind of patterns. Stripes, checks, zig zags, spots, spirals, waves etc.
- Making patterns with different media. Paint, fabric, paper, dough, etc.
- Make patterns using computer programs such as.....'My World', 'Tiny Draw', 'Paint'
- Print repeating patterns with commercial stamps, sponges, potatoes, fruit etc.