- Drawing classroom, nursery.
- Drawing own home and people who live there.
- Explore the school. Talk about rooms. Draw school.
- Draw and talk about the people in the school. Their jobs. Clerk, caretaker, teacher, assistants, nurse etc.
- Explore the outdoor area. Talk about materials, purposes etc.
- Talk about and record the weather daily.
- Explore the local area and it's features.
- Talk about buildings. Shops, churches, housing, community buildings, libraries.
- What buildings and facilities would make it better?
- Litter. Is the area clean.? Are pets a problem?
- Leisure facilities. Visit to the park etc.
- Traffic census.
- Signs in the environment. Road signs, shop windows, traffic signs.
- Graph of car ownership. Registration numbers. Car colours.
- Plants and trees in the area. Planting new ones. Weeding.
- Talk about geographical features of area. Hills, fields, woods, farms, streams etc.
- Recycling facilities. Collect for recycling.
- Talk about and draw the jobs in the area. Shopkeeper, teacher,vicar, bus driver, gardener, refuse collector.