200g plain flour
cold water to mix (approx 1/4 pint)
Oven: Gas mark 8, 230 C
- Rub margarine and flour together until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Roll out on a floured surface to a narrow strip.
- Cut out 20 large circles and 20 smaller circles, re-rolling the trimmings as necessary.
- Line the bun tins with the pastry, place a small spoonful of mincemeat in each one.
- Damp the edges and cover with the small circles, sealing well.
- Brush with beaten egg or milk and make a small hole in the top of each pie.
- Bake for about 15 mins.