115g margarine (Room Temperature)
1tsp vanilla essence
half tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
100g chocolate chips
175g plain flour
115g rice crispies
Preheated Oven: Gas mark 4, 180 C
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets
- Cream the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Sift over the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt and fold in.
- Add the cereal and chocolate chips. Stir and mix thoroughly.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough 2.5-5 cm apart on the prepared sheets. Bake for about10-15 mins until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.