- Collections of items all the same colour. Colour tables.
- Sorting objects by colour.
- Collages of the same colour. Different media, textures etc.
- Repeating patterns. e.g. red, green, blue, red, green, blue etc.
- Colouring by numbers. (See our colouring sheets on the kids pages.)
- What is red? Traffic light, post box, etc. Find or draw pictures.
- Colour matching card game. Find two the same.
- Viewing the world through coloured acetate sheets. Coloured windows.
- Kims game. Which colour is missing?
- Colour days. Wear a specific colour.
- Bake coloured cakes and biscuits. (See our recipes for ideas)
- Working in colour groups. Playing games with colour groups.
- Identifying colours in the environment. Classroom, school, home.
- Graphs. Favourite colours, colour of house doors, shoes etc.
- Paint: Colour mixing, Shades of one colour, lightening and darkening.
- Warm colours, cold colours.
- Colour blindness.
- Camouflage colours.
- Rainbow colours. The spectrum/science links.